Come work with KPCT! When we have openings, they are posted below.
Karen Pryor Clicker Training (KPCT, www.clickertraining.com) is a leading educator in, and developer of, all-positive training solutions for animals. We are the leading brand in all-positive training. Located in Waltham, MA, the company has grown steadily. KPCT retains a small company atmosphere and policies, and is flexible as well as family and pet-friendly.
Current Open Positions
Customer Service/Shipping Clerk
We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service/Shipping Clerk to join our team. The ideal candidate will:
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers by managing the central desk console and interacting with customers over the phone
- Assist customers with retail orders and provide an excellent customer experience.
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment
- Pack all orders in a timely fashion, accurately and properly, ensuring no damage to the merchandise in delivery to the customer.
- Inspect incoming product to ensure product is received from vendors as specified on the purchase order and packing slip.
- Ensure that all received items are properly recorded for inventory and stocked correctly.
Enthusiasm, initiative, reliability, creativity, leadership, teamwork, and an outgoing personality are important attributes for this individual. Professionalism, excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to multi-task are important to this position.
- Customer-service driven
- Detail-oriented, organized, and a strong communicator.
- Able to handle busy phones and provide accurate product information to customers.
- Able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly as well as look for and articulate improved processes.
- Able to problem-solve.
- Computer literate with ability to use in-house software, e-mail, Word, and Excel spreadsheets in a professional setting.
- Able to work on different kinds of tasks throughout the day (receiving and stocking inventory, preparing new orders for shipment, printing shipping labels).
- Able to work rapidly and conscientiously with the mind-set that customers care about the packaging of their items.
- Demonstrate friendly, positive attitude towards customers and co-workers.
- Reliable and hardworking.
- Able to push, pull, reach for and pick up, up to at least 50 lbs.
- Must love dogs!
Desired Experience & Background
- 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to pass a criminal background and drug screen.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, to ensure comprehension of detailed instructions.
- Excellent work history and references
- Experience with pets, training, and/or pet retail a plus!
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation: $10-$12/hour, depending on prior experience.
- Company will soon be offering medical coverage through the Affordable Care Act.
- 5 paid vacation days accrued in the first year, 10 days thereafter.
- Eligible for discounted tuition to company’s education programs.
- Eligible for discounts on company merchandise.
- Bonus: This position is eligible for participation in company bonus pools.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary history to: email@example.com
In your cover letter, please highlight aspects of your experience that are relevant for this job and why you are interested in working with this organization.