Terms and Conditions
Karen Pryor Clicker Training (KPCT) respects every individual's right to personal privacy. We will collect and use information through our website only in the ways disclosed in this statement. This statement applies solely to information collected at KPCT's website.
Part I. Information Collection
KPCT collects information through our website at several points. We collect information about registered visitors including name, e-mail address, and professional relationship to animals. We collect the following information about customers making purchases: name, mailing address, e-mail address, and billing information (such as credit card information or Paypal account information).
We may also collect e-mail addresses that our users divulge pertaining to other people, such as referrals or gift purchases. KPCT does not actively market to children and we never knowingly ask a child under 13 to divulge personal information.
We collect the following general data that is not personally identifiable information: IP address, web browser version, operating system version, and Internet connection speed. We collect demographic data in order to refine our website design for optimal display for all users, including international users, vision-impaired users, and users with varying technological resources. We collect this information through registration forms, shopping carts, and automatic web server logging files.
We do employ cookies. A cookie is a small text file that our web server places on a user's computer hard drive to serve as a unique identifier. Cookies enable KPCT to track usage patterns and deliver customized content to users. Our cookies do have an expiration date. Our cookies do not collect personally identifiable information.
Part II. Information Usage
The information collected by KPCT is used for delivering products and services to paying customers, delivering customized web experiences to registered users, and delivering optimized websites for anonymous users.
Registered users will receive additional announcements from us about products, services, and special deals; users will also receive a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users, we present the option to not receive these types of communications.
The information we collect will be used to create customer profiles based on browsing or purchasing history. We will not supplement information collected at our website with data from other sources (such as credit history to authorize purchases).
We may share data with third parties for the purposes of order fulfillment, such as shipping companies (UPS, DHL, USPS) or credit card companies (VISA, MasterCard, American Express), but we do not otherwise share information with any third parties.
We offer links to other websites. Please note: When you click on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours.
Our website offers journals, weblogs, commenting, and reader polls. Please be advised that information posted in these venues becomes public.
If our policy on information collection or uses changes, we will advise you by e-mail within 30 days of the change.
Part III. Access to Information
KPCT maintains the accuracy of users' personal information by allowing each user to edit and update this information. Users may access their own personal information and contact us about inaccuracies they may find at http://www.clickertraining.com/user. Users may delete their information from our database by calling 1-800-47-CLICK.
Part IV. Problem Resolution
If problems arise, users may contact KPCT by calling 1-800-47-CLICK. We are committed to resolving disputes within 30 days.
Part V. Data Storage and Security
KPCT protects user information with secure servers, firewalls, SSL encryption, and other technology and procedures used to protect consumer privacy.
Part VI. Third-Party Web Beacons
We use third-party web beacons from Yahoo! to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Yahoo!, click here.
The terms “Karen Pryor Clickertraining” or “KPCT” or “clickertraining.com” or “us” or “we” refer to the owner of the website whose registered office is 49 River Street #3, Waltham, MA 02453. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing with KPCT, the products, services, or information available through this website are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products, or services
- All trademarks reproduced in this website that are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s), with the exceptions of clickerexpo.com and karenpryoracacdemy.com, which are also owned by KPCT.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Acceptance of Terms
The Site contains a community discussion feature commonly known as a Blog. With the Blog, KPCT seeks to provide a forum to advance progressive ideas and policies on animal-related behavior and training—not to advance the interests of any particular person, persons, or organization.
You acknowledge that to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in Submissions, we may republish such information as part of the content. If we republish your content, we may provide authorship credit by listing your name as well.
Blog Community Rules
We have adopted the “Blog Community Rules” set forth below to create a forum where information and views can be shared in a productive way. While using the Blog, you agree to adhere to the Blog Community Rules below.
- You agree to:
- respect other Bloggers. Please do not threaten, insult, abuse, intimidate, or harass other Blog users;
- use the Blog for your personal use only. Posting entries solely or primarily to promote your own projects or interests is not allowed.
- You agree not to:
- post any messages or provide links to any messages that endorse or oppose a particular political party or candidate for office;
- post any private information, or otherwise harvest, collect, or disclose information, about another Blogger without his or her express consent;
- post any content to the Blog that is unlawful, racist, hateful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or that intentionally discriminates against or harasses particular individuals or groups;
- post any death threats;
- post any content to the Blog that infringes any third-party’s intellectual property or other rights;
- use the Blog for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Blog any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability;
- use the Blog for advertisements, chain letters, “spamming,” survey solicitations, junk mail, or solicitations;
- impersonate any person or entity, including any KPCT employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- imply that KPCT endorses any of your statements or positions;
- transmit any harmful, invasive, or disruptive code or other materials (such as viruses, worms, or web bugs) through or to the Blog, or otherwise “hack” or deface any portion of the Blog;
- frame or mirror any part of the Blog without our prior written authorization.
Prohibited Content and/or Activity
You must use the Site in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. The following is a partial list of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Site. KPCT reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including, without limitation, removing the offending Content from the Site and terminating the membership of such violators. Prohibited Content and/or Activity include:
- is obscene, patently offensive, or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail” or “chain letters” or unsolicited mass mailing;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libelous;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs, or e-mail addresses, including in your Member profile;
- violates the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any other person;
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
or, Activity that
- without our prior written consent, involves commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, solicitation of donations, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- advertises to or solicits any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Site. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk e-mail to other Members. Although KPCT cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Site, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, KPCT reserves the right to restrict the number of e-mails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which KPCT deems appropriate in its sole discretion;
- attempts any automated use of the system;
- attempts to impersonate another user or person;
- uses the account, username, or password of another Member at any time, or discloses your password to any third party, or permits any third party to access your account;
- sells or otherwise transfers your profile;
- covers or obscures the banner advertisements on Forums, or any KPCT page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- interferes with, disrupts, or creates an undue burden on the site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
KPCT’s Proprietary Rights and Re-Use Policy
You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through the Site will remain the property of KPCT and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules, and regulations. The materials produced by KPCT (including photographs, graphics, video, and audio content) are protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content, and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by KPCT are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by KPCT.
The trademarks, service marks, logos, and trade names displayed on the Site (collectively, the “Marks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of KPCT, KPCT’s licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on the Blog not owned by KPCT are the property of their respective owners. The Marks owned by KPCT, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not KPCT’s.
Your Additional Representations and Warranties
Information Available on or Through the Blog
Some information made available on or through the Blog is provided by third parties (such as news services) or other Bloggers (such information is referred to as “Third-Party Content”). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on the Blog does not indicate any approval or endorsement by KPCT of such Third-Party Content, or of any opinion, advice, or other information made or displayed on the Blog by any user or other third party. KPCT is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims, any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
The Site provides links to other websites and resources. Because KPCT has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that KPCT does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources, or for the availability of such external sites or resources. KPCT is providing these links to you only as a convenience. KPCT shall have the right, but not the obligation, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links from or to the Site through technological or other means, without prior notice.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under US copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by KPCT infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details.
Please be aware that if you decide to disclose personally identifiable information on the Blog or elsewhere on the Site, this information may become public. KPCT does not control the acts of other visitors to the Site, so please be cautious when deciding to reveal personal information. If you believe a Blogger is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Site is controlled and operated by KPCT from its principal office in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA, and is not intended to subject KPCT to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country, or territory. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
The Site is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of the Site, and any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness thereof. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, KPCT disclaims all warranties with respect to the Site.
Limitation of Liability
The information contained in this Site is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by KPCT and whilst we endeavor to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of KPCT. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, KPCT takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Neither KPCT nor any of our affiliates, directors, officers, employees, or consultants are responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, or other damages under any contract, negligence, strict liability, or other theory arising out of or relating in any way to the Site and/or materials contained on the Site, any linked site, or any content or service available through the Site. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site, content, services, or any linked site is to stop your use of it.
Karen Pryor Clickertraining
49 River Street #3
Waltham, MA 02453