Dog Training Overview
READ dog training articles
- Training your family dog using the clicker training approach is particularly family friendly. Here's why.
- Clicker training delivers the potential for a relationship between you and your dog that is so much more than one of mere obedience.
- Clicker training involves shaping behavior in small steps, identifying the behavior, as it occurs, with some kind of marker signal. But couldn't you just use a word, like "good," or "yes," as a marker signal?
WATCH dog training videos
- From Virginia Broitman and Sherri Lippman's The How of Bow Wow, this clear overview of clicker training gives you the basics in just one minute!
- Carolyn Clark gives you an overview and some tips on potty training your puppy.
- Watch as Karen Pryor demonstrates how clicker training can be used with all types of animals, including a fish!
SHOP dog training products
- Revolutionary in design and function, the new i-Click was designed by the clicker trainers at KPCT to provide the next generation tool for clicker training.
- This is the "Bible" on positive reinforcement training, or operant conditioning, and how it works—with people and, of course, with animals. Fun to read, too! Over 300,000 in print. Karen Pryor's clear and entertaining explanation of behavioral training methods made "Don't Shoot the Dog" a bestselling classic!
- When Emma Parsons, canine trainer and behavior consultant, discovered that Ben, her own prized golden retriever, was aggressive toward other dogs and that traditional remedies took his reactivity to nightmarish levels, she turned to clicker training. Now the solutions she developed are laid out, clearly and empathetically, for you to follow.