This month's podcast is an excerpt from Karen Pryor's lecture Neuroscience and Clicker Training presented at this year's ClickerExpo. During the lecture Karen addresses many topics that she writes about in her new book Reaching the Animal Mind. One of the more popular topics, Click vs. Voice, is addressed in this podcast. Listen to the podcast to hear Karen present her research and results on this topic.
During the podcast Karen references the article by Lindsay Wood, Clicker Bridging Stimulus Efficacy. Click on the title of the article to read an abstract, or to link to the full article.
You can reserve an autographed copy of Karen's latest book, Reaching the Animal Mind, here.
To learn more about KPCT podcasts, and to listen to previous podcasts, follow the links below.
- Podcast: Aaron Clayton and The Dog Lady by Aaron Clayton
- Podcast: Aggressive Dogs: Nature or Nurture? by Aaron Clayton
- Podcast: New Year's Resolutions, Clicker-Style! by Aidan Bindoff
- Podcast: Marley and Us—Clicker Training on the Movie Set—Part 2 by Helen Schwarzmann
- Podcast: Marley and Us—Clicker Training on the Movie Set—Part 1 by Helen Schwarzmann
- Podcast: Miscues and Misconceptions: What is Clicker Training? Radio Interview with KPCT President Aaron Clayton by Aaron Clayton
- How to Motivate Yourself to Train or Exercise Your Dog—Or Do Practically Anything Else! by Aidan Bindoff
- How to Put An End to Counter-Surfing by Aidan Bindoff
- Become Your Business's Chief Medical Officer by Aaron Clayton
- Elbows off the Table, Please! Teaching Dinnertime Manners by Aidan Bindoff
- Independents' Day: Challenges Facing Independent Trainers by Aaron Clayton
- Why Isn't Clicker Training on Oprah? by Aaron Clayton
- Kindness First by Melissa Alexander
- The Phoebe Chronicles - written and read by Gale Pryor